- Plaats: Amsterdam
- Aantal uur per week: 40
Amsterdam | 40 uur/week
For our client, a leading international producer of natural gas-based fertilizers and industrial chemicals, we are looking for a Analyst.
Organisatie- en afdelingsomschrijvingOur client has a one-tier Board of Directors, made up of seven Non-Executive Directors and two Executive Directors, who have collective responsibility for the management, general affairs and strategy of the company. Whilst the Board of Directors create the strategic mandate, the Executive Directors specifically support the realization of these goals through regular reporting from each subsidiary’s management team. At the same time, the operating entities independently manage their day-to-day operations under the guidance of executive
You are part of the Reporting & Control Department and report to the manager Reporting and Accounting. You are working with one collegue in the Amsterdam office, your accounting collegues are located in Geleen.
Functie omschrijvingKey member of the Finance team working to streamline and shorten the close and reporting cycle;
roll-out and implement a monthly consolidation process.
• A key contributor of the monthly and quarterly closing and consolidation process. Identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of consolidation and external financial reporting and lead process improvement initiatives.
• Consolidation of the worldwide financial statements and other operating data for actual, budget, and forecast purposes. Maintain the consolidation working papers, and the adjusting and elimination entries. Analyse monthly business unit financial statements and other related correspondence included in consolidated financial data.
• Work closely with Components, Treasury, Tax, and Financial Reporting and Planning functions to ensure the quality, accuracy and consistency of the financial data reported in the general ledger and consolidation system.
• Coordinate and prepare the financial and statistical data utilized in the: Annual Report, quarterly
• Board of Directors package, and monthly financial reporting package.
• Work effectively across the company's functional organizations. Promote effective lateral
• communication and coordination across groups, both internal and external to the Finance function, to improve efficiency and achieve desired results.
• Assist in the annual audit of the consolidated financial information with the external auditors.
• Research and resolve various accounting issues and questions that arise at the corporate and
• Conduct financial studies and analyses as requested by management and further improve the
quality of information collected in the month-end closing process.
• Perform other duties as required.
Bachelors' Degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA or Master Degree preferred.
• Minimum 5 - 7 years of related experience at a headquarter/corporate office working environment in international publicly listed companies, specifically with multi-tiered consolidations.
• Expert current knowledge of IFRS accounting and auditing standards, and Dutch regulatory
• Strong business analysis, financial planning and reporting skills with ability to generate business insights that add measurable value. Knowledge of current trends in finance and functional best practices related to position responsibilities.
• Excellent workload prioritization, resource management, and project management skills. Develops and manages processes that are effective and efficient.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an international matrix environment, and capable of gaining commitment and coordinated action for initiatives. Maintain effective working relationships across the company, at divisional, functional, and corporate levels
• Proven adaptive capability and demonstrated familiarity with organizational change.
• Operates at the highest standards of business ethics, honesty, and personal integrity.
• Experience with consolidated financial systems (Hyperion preferred), both internal and external financial reporting and consolidated financial analysis.
• Excellent verbal, written, computer, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent command of the English language
Performance and personal competencies
• Proven ability to manage processes
• Strong communication and presentation skills (English, Dutch is pre).
• Relationship building; ability to identify, initiate and maintain relationships
Executing for results
• Works at a high pace, while delivering quality work.
• Must be a self-starter, work independently and drive delivery focus.
• High attention to detail